I've been tagged by Nichola! Here are the rules as posted by Turning Pages:
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3. At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
So here are my eight random things...
1. I study Italian Rapier combat with the Society for they Study of Swordsmanship, so if you come at me with a sword I'll know what to do.
2. As a child, my main interest was reading. I would happily read half a dozen books a day. Enid Blyton, Agatha Christie, Alfred Hitchcock and the Three Investigators, Tolkien...
3. I was a punk rocker in the seventies. Black mohican and shaved sides, Siouxsie make up, the lot.
4. My mother died when I was fourteen.
5. At six, I was commended by the local fire brigade for putting out a brush fire (I didn't start it).
6. Conversely, I once set fire (accidentally) to Wolverhampton University.
7. I have a degree in Fine Art. The house is full of my paintings.
8. I was raised Catholic, until I was old enough to point out the inconsistencies in the Bible.
These are things that occupy the dark recesses.. I tag Peg, NovelGirl, Lesley Cookman, Sheepish, Liz, Caroline, Bernadine, and Zinnia. Please don't sue me!