Thursday, May 24, 2007

Eight random things

I've been tagged by Nichola! Here are the rules as posted by Turning Pages:

1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3. At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

So here are my eight random things...

1. I study Italian Rapier combat with the Society for they Study of Swordsmanship, so if you come at me with a sword I'll know what to do.

2. As a child, my main interest was reading. I would happily read half a dozen books a day. Enid Blyton, Agatha Christie, Alfred Hitchcock and the Three Investigators, Tolkien...

3. I was a punk rocker in the seventies. Black mohican and shaved sides, Siouxsie make up, the lot.

4. My mother died when I was fourteen.

5. At six, I was commended by the local fire brigade for putting out a brush fire (I didn't start it).

6. Conversely, I once set fire (accidentally) to Wolverhampton University.

7. I have a degree in Fine Art. The house is full of my paintings.

8. I was raised Catholic, until I was old enough to point out the inconsistencies in the Bible.

These are things that occupy the dark recesses.. I tag Peg, NovelGirl, Lesley Cookman, Sheepish, Liz, Caroline, Bernadine, and Zinnia. Please don't sue me!

7 comments:

liz fenwick said...

Hi Rachel. I loved reading yours and I've done it now :-)

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Not going to sue you. Will happily do this but probably not until Monday week.

leatherdykeuk said...

Thank you Zinnia

Nichola said...

I think I'll sue you anyway. Are you rich? :D

Lesley Cookman said...

Oh, hell, that means I've got to think...

leatherdykeuk said...

Alas no, but I do have a pennies jar so I have 837 pennies to rub together.

leatherdykeuk said...

Lesley Cookman said...
Oh, hell, that means I've got to think.


*cackles*
But we're interested!