Thursday, June 14, 2007

Be Careful…

 

“Is that it?” Richard turned to the demon and handed him the piece of paper. “My soul now belongs to you in exchange for three wishes?”

Jasfoup shrugged. “What were you expecting?”

“I dunno.” Richard sucked his thumb which was still bleeding from Jasfoup’s razor sharp claws. “Some sort of baptism into the Unholy Church I suppose.”

Jasfoup thought for a moment and nodded. “We can do that if you like,” he said. “I know where I can lay my hands on enough blood to fill a font and there’s a de-sanctified church in Epping at the moment.”

“That’s okay.” Richard grinned. “You’re not going to get me to waste a wish so easily.”

The demon laughed and stretched his wings. “It was worth a try,” he said. “Look. I’ve got five minutes. What do you want as your first wish?”

“To live forever but remain exactly as I am,.” Ricky glanced at his bedroom mirror. “Everybody loves my looks. I want to keep them.”

“Fair enough.” Jasfoup concentrated on the task. “Granted. What about your second wish?”

There was no reply from the impassive stone statue that wore Richard’s face.

© Rachel Green 2007

LiveJournal Tags:

No comments: