Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Demon's Promise

Jasfoup stared at Father Hastock. “I’ll regenerate, you know. It may take me a century or a millennium, but I’ll be back and when I do I’ll find you and I’ll destroy you. Utterly. No redemption.”

“I’ll look forward to seeing you try.” The elf nodded to the demons captors and they released the mechanism that would pour thirty gallons of holy water onto the demon’s head.

“No!” Vixen took a flying leap and kicked one of his captors away, barrelling into the demon and taking the water herself. With one arm freed Jasfoup backhanded the second elf, four inch claws punching through his eye sockets and into his brain.

He raised his eye ridges at the horrified priest. “Stockholm syndrome,” he said, standing back so that he wasn’t splashed as the nun rose. “I guess it didn’t take a century after all.”

2 comments:

liz fenwick said...

You lost me on that one. I think there is not enough of the story around to know who and what is going on.....love the post before - a tall order :-)

Leatherdykeuk said...

You're quite write. I shouldn't have posted that one as it wasn't self-contained. Bad Rachel! No Biscuit!