Wednesday, August 22, 2007

For the Glory

Jasfoup handed Harold an umbrella.

“What’s this for?” said Harold. “It’s bright and sunny outside.”

“You’re going to fight angels,” aren’t you?” said Jasfoup. “You’ve got your rod of Plunging, your Tongue of Obsequiousness and your Candle of Absolute Darkness. This is your Umbrella of Despair.”

“What does it do, exactly?”

“It’s for the glory of the angels,” said Jasfoup. “You’ve seen the radiance of them It’s composed of pure radiation and it’ll burn you if you’re not careful. Here, take the Sunglasses of Casual Indifference, too.”

“Will they help?”

“Yes, just don’t wear them with the Knotted Hanky of Futile Hope.”

2 comments:

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

I made a friend chuckle recently by telling her that when I went on holiday in south-west England earlier this year, I had packed the Shorts of Optimism and the Mackintosh of Reality - but I think you're way ahead of me. This made me giggle, I particularly liked the Tongue of Obsequiousness.

Leatherdykeuk said...

Thanks Zinnia :) Great minds think alike!