Friday, August 17, 2007

Just Business

Azazel smiled and gestured for Raphael to finish his tea. “Wars will always exist,” he said. “The mortals live by violence and the greater the technology, the faster they die by it.”

“While you profit from both sides?”

The fallen one lowered his head in a mock bow. “Of course.”

“You’re incorrigible,” said Raphael. “Four thousand years you were chained and you haven’t changed a bit.”

“And yet I supply you with troops for Armageddon,” replied Azazel with a smile. “You have all the benefits and none of the blame. I am the eternal scapegoat.”

“So few are Christians, though,” the angel said. “Most of those killed go to Sheol.”

“Thus keeping our friend Lucifer buried in paperwork.” Azazel laughed and clapped the angel on the back. “It’s a win-win situation for you, old friend. Can I interest you in some flaming swords? They’re made of top-grade plutonium.”

2 comments:

liz fenwick said...

Love it. Do you see it played out as a film in front of you?

Leatherdykeuk said...

I do, actually :) A lot of my writings are typing up what I watch in my head.