Friday, September 21, 2007

Sophistry

Jasfoup smiled.

“You found the genie on September the twenty third,” he said. “After that every wish that was uttered within his hearing became a reality including the one on September the twenty-fifth where we wished it was back in his pocket on the original morning.”

Harold frowned. “But it went back into his pocket, how did we have it to wish it was back in his pocket?”

Jasfoup shrugged. “Don’t knock it,” he said. “It worked, didn’t it? Now pass me that book of Milton so that I can copy it out and send it to him to write in the first place.”

2 comments:

liz fenwick said...

I hated Milton.....wish he could have avoided that one and saved me having to study it for my degree mind you Milton was better than Spencer :-)

Leatherdykeuk said...

I hear you!
I quite like Milton but Oh Gods, Specer!