Monday, November 19, 2007

Curry


Jasfoup leaned over the pot and inhaled the scent of his curry. He looked across at Harold. “Pass me the after shave, would you?”

“After shave?” Harold picked up the bottle. “This is years old,” he said. “I remember Mr. Satterthwaite wearing this when I was little. It was dead posh in them days, and came with Carina Burana in the adverts. Why are you adding it to a curry?”

“It’s a celebration curry,” said the demon. “I last made this in 1982 when your mother was thirty. She wanted exactly this curry for her birthday this year.”

“So why the aftershave?” Harold asked. “Did you use aftershave in that one?”

“No,” said Jasfoup. “I used new spices then.”

2 comments:

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Love it. I heard someone commenting the other day about how it wouldn't be long before the Spice Girls would have to rename themselves the Old Spice Girls. That made me laugh too. (I'm sure it could be deconstructed as a horribly sexist and ageist remark. And you know what? I don't care.) Hope life is improving for you. Still loving your 'messages'!

Leatherdykeuk said...

*Loves the Old Spice Girls idea*

Thanks Zinnia. :)