Sunday, February 03, 2008

Orders of Priority




Harold was had been waiting for Jasfoup for twenty minutes and was becoming impatient. He knocked on the demon’s door – tentatively it must be said, for only the very brave or the very foolish antagonize a denizen of the lower planes.

“I’m busy,” said the demon. “I’ll be with you in a minute or two.”

“Why?” asked Harold. “What are you busy at?”

The door opened and Jasfoup peered out, looking both up and down the hall before beckoning Harold inside. “I have obligations,” he said. “My readers expect a daily update on my blog.”

“You write a blog?” Harold grinned, torn between ridicule and envy. He hadn’t got a blog and he mentally kicked himself for not thinking of it first. “What do you write about?”

“Nothing today. I’m stuck.” The demon looked morose, which gave Harold the lever he needed for moral superiority.

“Writing a blog is only a pseudo obligation,” he said. “You don’t have to do it if it makes you miserable. Why don’t you come out with me and see if that inspires you?”

The demon nodded and pulled his laptop closer.

“Later,” he posted. “Smut with Harold first.”

No comments: