Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Games of the Damned and Famous


Real-world poker was a game invented by Jasfoup and his old drinking buddy Marlowe. The playwright was long since damned but, due to the incredible publicity of ‘Faust,’ had achieved the respectable status of ‘devil’ as a reward – never before then had Hell received so many requests for contracts. Every 30th May, the date of Kit’s ‘official’ death, they met at The Fish Inn in Deptford to show their hands. Marlowe was quite pleased with himself, having gathered to souls of four identical twins. “Two pairs,” he said, placing the mist filled jars on the table.

Jasfoup tutted and pulled out a yellow plastic bag with a biohazard seal. “I had a dig in the Bucks Palace sewers,” he said. “Royal flush.”

3 comments:

Fiona said...

'placing the mist filled jars on the table.'
I love the idea souls being caught like tap poles. I want to know who's souls where in the sewers - although I can imagine really. Blair and Thatcher? Oops...

Fiona said...

'were' damn it! I might be getting a small grant for being dyslexic but I'd rather be non dyslexic ;(

Leatherdykeuk said...

Whose soul Jasfoup found would have to be the subject of a longer story -- once there comes a point where I'm safe from any accusation of regicide.