Monday, March 03, 2008

Unbelievable Truth



“There is, sometimes, a piece of information so large, so terrifying, that to accept this unbelievable truth would set your mind to gibbering.” The Reverend Stephen Morrell stubbed out his cigarette and looked around at the twenty or so rapt listeners. “What I am about to reveal is such a truth,” he said. “The information will rock the Christian, Muslim and Jewish worlds alike but I tell you for free, only because my heart will burst if I keep the secret any longer.” He stared down at his glass where an amber fluid, a mix of Scotch and arsenic, swirling gently under the hot lights. “God is dead.”

2 comments:

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

That's another one which makes me want to read on (and please note: this is a compliment, not a complaint!).

Leatherdykeuk said...

Thanks Zinnia :)