Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Twilight Raid


Jasfoup fired another volley of shots at the guards before ducking back down behind the relative safety of the hydrangeas.

“I thought demons couldn’t physically cause the death of a mortal,” said Julie, crouched beside him with a handful of the smoky pellets she stored spells in.

“I can’t,” said the demon, pulling a ring of plastic from his pocket. “These are all caps.”

“What?”

“I SAID THEY’RE ALL CAPS,” he repeated. “They just make the bang noise.”

“What good are they, then?” she asked.

He shrugged. “The security guards don’t know it’s a toy gun. They’re just as pinned down as if it were real.” He glanced around the bush. “I’m just waiting until they realise that theirs aren’t real either.”

2 comments:

. said...

“I SAID THEY’RE ALL CAPS,”

If I were to confess how much I heart this pun, you would think me an utter nerd.

Actually, I like it so much, I am okay with that.

smooch,
Ky

Leatherdykeuk said...

*laughs*
I'm so glad someone got the pun :)

Thanks Ky.