Saturday, May 31, 2008

And felt such a heel...


“What have you got there?” Jasfoup was suspicious of anything Harold hid from him, remembering the time that his employer brought home a vial of holy water ‘for experimental purposes’ and made tea with it.*

“Nothing.” Harold smiled, his hands out of sight.

“You’re lying.” Jasfoup’s eyes narrowed. “Your hands are fiddling with something behind your back. Tell me what it is or I’ll…” He glanced around the room. “Or I’ll break your Harry Potter mug.”

“You wouldn’t!”

“I would!”

“Very well.” Harold sighed and drew out a large cardboard box. “I got you a birthday present.”

“It’s not my birthday. I don’t even know when I was born. Not the day, anyway.”

“I know,” said Harold. “But it’s my birthday next week. I thought you could share it.”





Note to readers: Not Chronological - Harold's birthday is actually in December of course.

2 comments:

aims said...

A dragon birthday cake?

of course I'm assuming this will be continued somehow.

I get confused sometimes Rachel. Sometimes Harold seems like he is about 6 yrs old and sometimes I am led to believe that he is a grown man with a bookshop....

Leatherdykeuk said...

He's both!
I think you understand Harold very well.

This may or may not appear somewhere else ;)