Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Big Trouble. Little Bundles



Felicia wasn’t amused by Jasfoup’s plans to sell her children for profit. “They’re my babies,” she said. “How would you feel if your mother sold you?”

The demon shrugged. “She did,” he said. “She sold me to the highest bidder when I was three. I consider myself lucky, though. I was bought and apprenticed to a soul taker for the sum of three green beans and a peerage. I couldn’t have asked for a better start in life.”

Felicia narrowed her eyes. “I don’t care if it worked out all right for you,” she said. “I want to keep my children, thank you very much.”

“You’re welcome.” Jasfoup stroked his chin. “I can understand you keeping one,” he said. “Even two. But five? Have you any idea how difficult a were cub is to bring up?”

“Not yet,” said Felicia with a smile.

No comments: