Thursday, May 22, 2008

Showdown


“That was your best shot?” Isaacs laughed as he dusted the ash from his jacket. The bullet had pieced his flesh just above his heart and exited through a lung. He coughed a little blood into his hand and displayed it palm outward. “Good enough for a mortal, perhaps, but you know me better than that, young lady.”

“Young lady?” Gillian smiled and reloaded the gun. “It’s been a long time since anyone called me that.”

“I knew you when you were mortal.” Isaacs unscrewed his cane to reveal the sharp blade of a sword. “Now, enough of this prattling. Prepare to meet your final death.”

“I wouldn’t be so certain of that.” The new voice belonged to Felicia, who stepped from the shadows already changing into her partial wolf form. “You’ll have to get past me.”

“And me.” Vixen dropped from the roof, her monofilament blade in her hand.

“And me.” Julie stepped from the Dead Lands. She looked across at the ancient vampire. “You deserve to die just for the use of such clichéd material.”

2 comments:

aims said...

Okay - which am I suppose to read first in the day - Laverstone Tales or Diary of a Demon?

Leatherdykeuk said...

It doesn't really matter, but I generally write Laverstone Tales first, though there's not always a Laverstone Tales in my head on a particular day.