Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wednestay Tea

JJ posted an open Tea Tag the other day and I thought I'd join in. Jasfoup's out, so there's only you and I here. May I offer you a cup?

Here is the ragged assortment of teas behind the kettle. My general tea, Rington's Fine Flend, is in the pretty caddy. I really can't drink the Typhoo or the PG. The yellow packets are loose leaf specialty teas from the tea emporium down the road.

Mugs, and lots of them. I generally prefer a tall china mug for drinking black tea.
I also have a bit of a zebra fetish, though I did manage to give away 75% of my soft toy zebras last year.
Over the pantry door is another shelf full. These and the vertical shelves are visitor's mugs -- all our regular visitors bring their own mug.
This is the best way to drink speciality teas. This particular one is the "Gunpowder Blend" from Northern Tea Merchants

I shall be on the lookout for an elegantly tall (though not too wide) china mug with a picture of Jasfoup on the side.

10 comments:

pierre l said...

"Gunpowder Blend" always sounds very exciting; unfortunately, I am not a tea drinker.
It was once rumoured that you should not try to take that kind of tea in your hand-luggage on a plane.
Lovely pictures of all your tea mugs. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Leatherdykeuk said...

Thank you for visiting :)

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

A delightful little glimpse of your real life - thank you!

Leatherdykeuk said...

Thanks Zinnia :)

aims said...

Hey Girl - have you tried the flowering teas yet? Drop the bulb into boiling water and presto - a flower in your clear glass teapot and lovely soft mellow tea.

I agree with the china mugs and black tea. Tea in anything but is almost sacriligous....and tea in a styrafoam cup - downright nasty. There ought to be a law!

Leatherdykeuk said...

Ah! I was very taken with those teas but couldn't really justify the expense ;(

Ackworth Born said...

personally I love Earl Grey and usually get Twinings - I tried Morrison's own brand and though not as good it was drinkable. Tried Asda's own brand - opened the seal and the odour of bergamot was overwhelming. The tea was undrinkable. I took it back and they refunded me double the price.

Leatherdykeuk said...

You can see by the photos that i often rely on Twinings :)

Thanks for stopping by.

JJ said...

Oh dear god, I've died and gone to heaven. The tea ... the mugs ... ohhhhh.

Thanks R for pointing me in the right direction.

Leatherdykeuk said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it, JJ :)