Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Attacop


“Where are you going?” Jasfoup barely glanced up from his crossword but his eyes flicked out to the summer sky. Grey clouds hung low, pregnant with rain.

“Just out for a walk.” Harold pulled on his heavy woolen coat. “I’m sick of being cooped up in the house. I thought I’d go up to the Stone and blow the cobwebs from my head.”

“Been sleeping with spiders again?” Jasfoup grinned. “See you later them. Mind you stay out of the Wildwood.”

“It’s all wild,” said Harold, picking up his hat. “It’s a wildlife reserve.”

“Yes,” said Jasfoup. “The goblins are pretty annoyed about that. I fined them for poaching a deer last week.”

2 comments:

aims said...

Up to the Stone? explanation needed for someone as daft as me....

Jasfoup...oh - sigh!

Leatherdykeuk said...

There's an ancient standing stone above the waterfall in laverstone woods.