Monday, July 14, 2008

Medical Condition


Harold put the phone down, counted to ten, then picked it up again and dialed. “Use ringback,” Felicia suggested. “Just press hash-five when it’s engaged. Who are you phoning, anyway?”

“The doctor’s.” Harold grimaced and did as she suggested.

“Nothing wrong, is there?”

“Not exactly wrong, per se” Harold dropped his voice. “I have a pain… down there…”

“In your bum? Let me have a look.” Felicia went for his trousers, causing Harold to dance backward in fright.

“Certainly not,” he said. “Nobody gets to see my bottom.”

“Why?” asked Jasfoup, arriving just in time to hear him say it. “Is your tail growing?”

“My tail?” Harold frowned. “I don’t have a tail.”

“You’re on the cusp of demonhood,” said Jasfoup. “It’ll grow soon, you mark my words.”

The phone rang.

Harold stared at it, sweating.

4 comments:

aims said...

OMG! Harold!

Does this mean he'll have to get out the grinder soon and be grinding down horns and whatever in the mirror? (I have a feeling this comes from Reaper again - did you see that episode?)

Leatherdykeuk said...

I do remember that episode of Reaper - I loved gay demons.

Harold was born with both wings and tail, but Ada removed them so that he could blend in with the other schoolkids. (An Ungodly Child)

DJ Kirkby said...

Oh, oh! I MUST buy a copy of 'An Ungodly Child'!

Leatherdykeuk said...

If it ever comes out - publisher problems -