Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ordinary Joes


Latitia stood to pour the tea, leaning over the table to reach Julie’s cup. “You just have to find what works for you,” she said. “You talk to dead people, you should be open-minded about predicting the future. I can’t read tarot cards or tea leaves and if you’re giving me the palm of your hand I hope it’s because you want to be friends.” She sat down and proffered the milk jug. “Milk and sugar?”

“Julie looked into her tea and swallowed hard. “You may not be able to,” she said, “but I can see our future in the water. Run!”

As they scrambled out of the house, Julie was reminded of the scene in ‘Jurassic Park’ where they spot the T-Rex coming by the ripples in a tea cup. She risked a look over her shoulder. Yup. Not a T-rex, true, but a thirty-five foot angel with a sword and a thousand eyes was, somehow, so much worse.

She almost wished she were an ordinary Joe without the ability to see this shit.

2 comments:

aims said...

Is this from ABLS?

I'm hoping to see that pic I sent you up here beside your post one day.

I would have to agree with Julie. The angel sounds so much worse than the T-rex. Might be all the eyes..I don't know.....

Leatherdykeuk said...

It's a possible ABLS but it's unlikely - more probably it's an out-take from Nephilim's Child.

Angels are truly terrifying. I wouldn't want to meet one.