Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Picnic Afternoon


Harold spat the tea over the grass, an automatic response due to the disgusting taste.

“What is this?” he said. “It’s utterly disgusting.”

“Tea, sir,” said Devious, taking out a cloth to mop the chequered tablecloth. “Well, as near as I could make it.”

“What do you mean, ‘as near as I could make it’?” Harold frowned. “You’re an imp. I asked for tea. Ergo, I get tea. Not that filthy mess you just served.”

“I had a few problems, sir. I forgot the milk.”

“It was green tea.”

“And the sugar.”

“We have sweeteners.”

“And tea.”

“We have…” Harold grimaced. “What did you use?”

“Tree bark.”

Harold shook his head. “Just give me lemonade instead.”

“Yes sir.” Devious scurried behind the tent. “He wants lemonade now.”

“So?” Delirious continued to butter sandwiches.

“I forgot to bring the lemonade.”

“Use a substitute.” Delirious looked up and pointed. “There’s a dog over there.”

1 comment:

aims said...

LOL! Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!