Monday, September 15, 2008

Heaven's Fall


With a sweep of his hand Harold directed his rag-tag band of fallen angels to attack the last stand of the Heavenly Host; a church in a village in Gloucestershire. It was fitting that the last battle be on England’s Green and Pleasant Land, although it was neither green nor pleasant any more. What God hadn’t destroyed with his rain of fire and brimstone had fallen prey to the locust-wasps when Big John had opened the Second Seal.

He looked away for a moment as Belphegor fell prey to the Archangel Michael’s Bow of Burning Gold, fired from a bell tower that collapsed a moment later from the sweep of He Who Is Dragon’s tail. Another motion and hordes of Nazgul…

“Wait a minute.” Jasfoup paused the game. “We don’t have Nazgul. You’ve imported those from another game, haven’t you?”

“There’re no rules to say I can’t,” said Harold.

“Yes there are.” Jasfoup glowered. “And while we’re at it, why do I always have to play Heaven?”

9 comments:

aims said...

*laughs long and hard*

aims said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aims said...

dammit! blogger hiccupped so I had to delete it.

Leatherdykeuk said...

*smiles*

Thanks Aims!

christopop said...

Interesting to watch this sort of interactive novel or story taking shape.

Fantasy fiction and Wargaming are not "my bag" at all, but I shall follow your progress with interest.

Ex- English teacher, y'know [Ed: I might have guessed.]

Ps why has your 2nd. MyT post been pulled ? Did you upset the Mods somehow ?

Leatherdykeuk said...

These are regular characters that I write daily. I don't wargame either, but Harold does. "Apocalypse" (both game and real) is a common thread in these tales.

The 2nd MyT post didn't get pulled, the system ate it and as I written it then and there I couldn't retrieve it.

christopop said...

Has happened to me a few times at the start.

Nowadays, I write any blogpost on Word Notepad and then paste it in.

If MyT has a fit, I still have a copy to re-post.

Leatherdykeuk said...

I usually write in an external, but it was a spur-of-the-moment post!

christopop said...

Well at least it has given you an insight into the vagaries of operation of MyT (or OneSite as it is nowadays in reality).

It does not cope with "spur of the moment" very well at all as it is peopled with dozens of old duffers such as me.