Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Works Van


“Jasfoup? Would you have a look at the van, please?”

“Sure Harold.” Jasfoup went outside to the tiny parking bay at the back of the shop. “I see it,” he called back. “It’s green with writing on the sides in gold leaf.”

“Very funny.” Harold followed him out. “Would you have a look at the engine, I meant. It’s running off kilter.”

“What do you expect me to do about it?” Jasfoup took the keys off him to open the door. He popped the bonnet lock. “I’m not a mechanic.”

“No, but you’re good with gremlins,” said Harold. “There’s a homeless family taken up residence behind the alternator. See if you can bribe them or something.”

2 comments:

aims said...

I'm wondering if I have a few gremlins under my hood. I'm running off kilter too!

Leatherdykeuk said...

Have a look - they're about 3" high, usually grey skin.