Thursday, October 30, 2008

Bad Daddy. No Biscuit.

Gillian lingered on the kiss, Harold’s warm mouth awakening the twin desires for blood and sex. Both could wait, however, for she hadn’t seen her daughter since the previous evening. “Where’s Lucy?”

Harold’s face drained of colour until it was as pale as his wife’s. “I took her to the shop with me,” he said. “I forgot all about her.”

“It’s six o’clock at night, Harold,” Gillian snapped. “That’s beyond forgetfulness.” She all but flew out of the door, her running speed easily outpacing Harold’s driving as she raced across the lawns and over the wall into town.

He caught up with her at the shop, breaking several laws to do it, and opened up. They needn’t have worried. Lucy was fast asleep in a corner of the office, surrounded by sweet wrappers, two imps in sugar-induced comas and one slumped over a tome of Dark Fairy Tales..



Image: "Sleeping Child" Francis Luis Mora (1874 - 1940)

10 comments:

aims said...

Imps instead of angels watching over her. Just as sweet.

Leatherdykeuk said...

hard to tell which was sweeter - Lucy or them.

stephanie said...

That was indeed a rare gesture on the part of the imps. Beautiful snapshot.

Leatherdykeuk said...

Thank you. They were rather sweet.

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Damn, I can't see the picture - don't know why, I usually can, and I can see the others - but the text is good.

You casually mentioned on the Novel Racers that your book is going to be published. I've been all over the web like a rash trying to find out more, but I can't dig up anything. What's happening?

Leatherdykeuk said...

As far as I know it'll be out in December - As soon as i know more I will splash it everywhere!

DJ Kirkby said...

Awwwww. Sweet and also made me giggle. Would you sell the damn book already? I can't take much more of this, I want to be able to read it all and I want it now!

Leatherdykeuk said...

I'm told it will be out by Christmas. None of this is in the first book, though - I'm writing book 8 now.

DJ Kirkby said...

Book 8?! How many have been published so far? Where can I buy them?

Leatherdykeuk said...

Zero!
Book 1 coming out next month (fingers crossed) but I have no agent yet so the rest are on my hard drive.