Friday, October 17, 2008

Cold Callers

“There were times,” said Gillian, looking out of the bedroom window, “when a Vampire Queen would look out of her castle and tremble at the sight of an angry mob of villagers armed with torches and pitchforks come to burn the castle down. If you were really unlucky, they’d have hired a Helsing Inc. employee and brought along the crossbows and woodsaws.” She jiggled the baby into one arm and made a sawing motion against her neck. Lucy giggled.

Gillian pulled the curtain back a fraction and looked down to the driveway where a figure was illuminated by the light from the open door. “Now,” she said, “we are terrorized by the vicar selling raffle tickets.”

4 comments:

aims said...

That would scare the hell out of me too! *sorry* :0)

Leatherdykeuk said...

*chuckles*

DJ Kirkby said...

Ha! One of my coworkers was all excited about the viccar coming to visit. I couldn't imagine many things I'd enjoy less.

Leatherdykeuk said...

I get them all - mormons, JWs... I tell them I'm a writier using the Bible as source material and they give me books and pamphlets.