Friday, November 21, 2008

Bright Spark


Lunch time was the one bright spot in Amy White’s day. The Hour from 12:15 to 1:25* was when she would get to see her friend Lucy, and best of all, Lucy would see her. None of the other kids saw Amy, not since the fire in 1989 had burned the west wing of the school to a cinder.

Lucy talked to her, though, and promised to do so forever. Amy knew not to trust her and she was right, for when Lucy was eleven, she stopped coming to school at all.

Lucy was a Liar! Liar! Pants on Fire!

Just like Lillian Pritchard in 1989 had been.


*This was a primary school.

8 comments:

martha said...

I suspect it will prove quite a bit more difficult to incinerate Lucy. If I were Amy I wouldn't even think of trying.

Leatherdykeuk said...

It could be an interesting story arc!

aims said...

Eeeeek!

Made me wonder what other little sayings there are that could be related to Lucy and friends....

Leatherdykeuk said...

Anything can be adapted :)

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

I felt in need of a smile, so I dropped in here. You do not disappoint.

Leatherdykeuk said...

and that made me smile, dear lady.

stephanie said...

Priceless! Amy is one of those Harold et al discussed when they first talked of having Lucy's powers removed (only a ghost, of course). What would Lucy do if she were to get trapped into a bad situation with someone like that?

Leatherdykeuk said...

I'm sure there would be something ;)