Sunday, November 02, 2008

Coarse Courses


“Tempting and Damning 101. Again?” Jasfoup scowled at the letter, then screwed it up into a ball, pitching it expertly across the room into the waste bin. “I’m five hundred years old. What could a refresher course possibly teach me? I’m the one in the field, doing all the work. They’re stuck in a cozy little office in Dis devising all these rubbish courses. Why? I ask you.”

Harold retrieved the ball of paper and flattened it out. “Rubbish courses with rubbish teachers who don’t know diddly?” he said.

“That’s right,” Jasfoup nodded.

“That’ll be why they want you to teach it then,” said Harold, handing the letter back for the demon to re-read. “They couldn’t find anyone better.”

4 comments:

aims said...

I've always had this inkling deep down that Harold has Jasfoup's number!

On the other hand - Jasfoup with specs, a vest and a pointer - oh dear!

Leatherdykeuk said...

Jasfoup read what he expected to read here!

DJ Kirkby said...

Hah! I didn't expect that ending.

Leatherdykeuk said...

heh!
Thanks for reading, DJK :)