Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Under-Age


Lucy span her polo mallet in a perfect 360 degree circle. “Super,” she said. “I’ll be at the White Art at seven-fifteen after piano practice. You can pick me up from there.”

Gatcome ‘Gloop’ Brandsford looked up, startled. He’d been staring at her wrist, wondering what it would be like to-- “Seven-fifteen?” he said. “My dad doesn’t get home till seven-thirty. Can we make it eight instead?”

“I suppose.” Lucy let the mallet slide through her fingers and back. “But I have to be back by nine. That’s when the dorms are locked for the night.” She turned to go. “You’re sure you can drive,” she said.

“Oh yes.” Gloop thought of his father’s panda car. “Anywhere you like.”

4 comments:

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Great car - I love those ones with faces.

Leatherdykeuk said...

They;re a dying breed now!

stephanie said...

Bransford? I sense trouble brewing there. I just don't know for which of them I fear it most...

Leatherdykeuk said...

Feel sorry for Brandsford