Friday, December 19, 2008

Curry Sauce


Jasfoup turned off the news. “There’s unrest in Marjpur,” he said. “That can only mean one thing.

“What’s that?” said Harold, glancing up from his bowl of heat-and-eat some-kind-of-meat-in-curry-sauce-and-rice*

“Kali,” said Jasfoup. “I noticed her house was shut up for the winter. People can tell when she’s about, they get edgy, especially if she wants a good curry.”

“Ha!” Harold threw down hid microwaveable tray. “Anything would be better than that. Even a Vesta.”

“I send her a take-away from the Olden Laice,” said Jasfoup. “Devious can nip it over to India for her.”

“What good will that do?”

“She’s been in England for seven months,” said the demon. “She’ll be used to curries made with powder by now. A real curry just won’t taste right.”



* bought on an almost-out-of-date 40% off offer from the local convenience store**

**convenient for whom, Jasfoup always thought.

6 comments:

stephanie said...

Ha! Very good. Sort of like our Chinese food here, I suppose. Very kind of Jasfoup to send that to her post haste.

Leatherdykeuk said...

Always good to have a goddess think kindly of you :)

DJ Kirkby said...

She can have my lifetime share of curry...I am allergic!

Leatherdykeuk said...

Oh noes!
I love curry.

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

I love curry, too. Not the made-with-powder kind, though.

Hey, the days are getting longer now - isn't that great? :-))

Leatherdykeuk said...

I loathe curry powder too!

Yes - Now we travel into the light once again. Hurrah!