Friday, December 26, 2008

Just Warming Up


Jasfoup queued at the tea van for ages* the morning after the raft race and came back with a tray of three teas (himself, Harold, Julie), a coffee (Felicia) and a hot water (Meinwen) only to be told that Harold didn’t want a tea, he’d asked for a chocolate milkshake.

“Why?” he said. “I’ve never even seen you drink a milkshake before, let alone forego a tea for one.”

Meinwen plucked a piece of thyme from the nearest garden and dropped it in her hot water. “That’s Tom’s snack van though,” she said. “I’ve seen how clean he keeps it. At least the milk shakes are bottled and sealed.”

Jasfoup looked back at the van and frowned. “Good point,” he said. “I’ll take these back.”

*Three, almost four minutes – mainly because the chap in front of me had upset the milk all over the counter.

2 comments:

stephanie said...

Ugh. :)

Remind me not to stop at Tom's if I'm ever in Laverstone!

Leatherdykeuk said...

Tom's snacks van was a failure - he works for Winston now.