Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mr. Bear’s Bath



Harold found his daughter huddled between the side of the bed and the wall, sobbing her heart out.* “Whatever’s the matter, darling?” he said, squatting down next to her and giving me a cuddle.

“I asked Mr. Bear if he wanted a bath,” she said, sniffing. “And he said no!”

“Did he really?” said Harold, glaring at the offending toy. “I shall have to have some stern words with Young Edward Bear.

“In my defence,” said Devious, peeling off the teddy bear suit, “she wanted to put me in the washing machine.”




*figuratively speaking. It would be too messy otherwise.


Stew the Bear courtesy of Cindy Hains

2 comments:

stephanie said...

*chuckles* Poor Lucy. She really is trapped in an awkward position. It will be good for her (I hope) to come into her own at last.

Very sweetly written, Rachel.

Leatherdykeuk said...

She lives in a half-fantastical world, never sure of what is real.