Saturday, February 14, 2009

Another Bowls-up


Harold lay on the bank looking through binoculars. Nearby, Julie fed Lucy another spoonful of yellow gloop while Jasfoup produced a pot of scalding-hot tea from his inside pocket and three cups and saucers from his trousers.

“I made Lapsang Souchong,” he said, “to alleviate the need for milk.”

“Jolly good.” Harold tutted, his gaze fixed upon the Laverstone Ladies Charity Bowls tournament. “Mrs Redd’s took another mulligan,” he said. “That’s her third in one match. She’s either lost her touch or she’s completely made of money.”

“Or she’s standing on a previously undiscovered red ant’s nest,” said Jasfoup. “Tea?”

4 comments:

aims said...

Going to the match would just be too obvious wouldn't it?

I need a Jasfoup. It would save a lot of wear and tear on my culinary skills I think.

*keep that pen tucked away sir*

Leatherdykeuk said...

Harold had a falling out with Mrs Redd a couple of years ago...

stephanie said...

I believe they must be playing on my lawn.

Leatherdykeuk said...

*laughs*