Friday, February 20, 2009

Little Blue Apples


There was a point to Chaos, Lucifer mused, it was what kept you from going stale. It’s all very well to say that infinite things were possible in an infinite void but eventually even a god ran out of ideas. Look at the huge number of fir trees, for example. God had got really stuck on fir trees to the point where sixty varieties all looked identical but for a slight change in leaf pattern. Far better to kick a bucket of chaos over and see what was left after the biggest lumps were cleared away. Apples, for one thing.

6 comments:

Sunny said...

Awesome! I adore your interpretation of the good ol' story.

Leatherdykeuk said...

Thanks Sunny. I have a book of Genesis from Lucifer's POV

aims said...

And where does one get a book of Genesis from Lucifer's POV?

stephanie said...

*laughs* I'd like a bucket of chaos to kick over. May I order one?

Leatherdykeuk said...

I think you got the lumps.

Leatherdykeuk said...

Aims -- Alas, it never got published. I have the only copy of 'Mourning Light' in existence.