Monday, March 23, 2009

The Address Book


There was nothing in the address book to indicate to whom it had belonged, but Harold was having a marvelous time playing detective over it/

“Aunt Stephanie,” he said, pointing out an entry to Jasfoup. “Whoever enters ‘Aunt Stephanie’ into an address book under ‘A’?”

“Someone who doesn’t know their aunt’s second name?” the demon suggested. “Or perhaps this Stephanie’s only a pretend aunt, like a next-door neighbour.”

“Or perhaps,” said Julie, plucking the book from Harold’s hands, “it belongs to someone who believes familial ties more important than genealogical ones.”

“I don’t follow,” said Harold. “What could be more familial than a name?”

“Love,” said Julie. “The books owner loved her Aunt Stephanie and wanted her at the front.”

6 comments:

aims said...

Yup - Julie has hit it exactly.

Leatherdykeuk said...

I concur!

stephanie said...

*sighs* And that is why I adore Julie.

Well done.

Leatherdykeuk said...

Indeed!
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?

Leatherdykeuk said...

Ooh, Tough question. They cost a fortune. I haven't seen one in years, I'm afraid.