Friday, March 13, 2009

Birthday Gift


“Nice watch,” said Jasfoup, looking at the bright pink, three-inch diameter face with a picture of the Mouse Magician, the latest animated blockbuster film character.

“A gift from Lucy,” said Harold, “so you can put your sarcasm away. It’s an hour off kilter, too, with no way the change the hands.”

Jasfoup patted his back, grinning. “It’s a golden albatross,” he said. “Something you really wanted but is going to ruin your credibility.”

Harold sighed. “I know,” he said, taking off his diamond-movement Rolex and replacing it with the Mouse Magician. “But what can I do? It was a gift?

2 comments:

aims said...

I know I never gave my father anything like that. Socks or underwear was the usual thing. He would never have worn a pink mouse watch - ever.

Goes to show just what a great father Harold is! (in my mind anyway)

Leatherdykeuk said...

Aww. That's really sweet of you to say.