Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Demons are Another Matter


“I think the bump on his head sent him off his rocker.”

A voice, like plasticine mixed until grey, filtered through Harold’s consciousness and he sat up, wincing at the sudden pain. “Are you all right, lovey?” A kindly older lady in a fawn coat touched him lightly on the arm. “You were ranting on about an angel clocking you with a two-by-four. We thought we were going to have to call for the padded van.”

“I’m fine thanks.” Harold stood, cautiously. “I was dreaming. As if I could see angels!”

The small crowd laughed and dispersed. Jasfoup just smiled.

4 comments:

aims said...

Hmmmm - what is Jasfoup up to now?

Leatherdykeuk said...

Hitting Harold with a two-by-four?

stephanie said...

Quick thinking for someone who's just been clocked! Point to Harold this time, I think.

Leatherdykeuk said...

He has spent five years denying he can see things, so it's second nature.