Thursday, April 16, 2009

But I thought it was Magic


“Can’t you revive her?” Julie, still squatting, looked up at Jasfoup. “You once told me you’d do anything I wanted.”

Jasfoup coughed. “In the bedroom, I meant. This,” he waved a hand at the poor thing, “is truly dead. Perhaps God could revive it, but if I had his power I’d be selling square feet of Heaven on e-bay. This girl, I’m afraid, is truly dead.”

“Is there another power I can appeal to?” Julie asked. “A nature goddess? I’ve nurtured her for fourteen years.”

Jasfoup shrugged. “You can try,” he said. “But who really cares about an apple tree?”

6 comments:

aims said...

Me.

Leatherdykeuk said...

as do I , as it happens.

Spiky Zora Jones said...

I love trees...apple trees especially. I care. :D

Ciao honey.

Leatherdykeuk said...

Excellent!
Now, if we all wish together...

stephanie said...

Any old apple tree? Please tell me it is... er, was.

Poor Julie. Count me among the wishers please.

Leatherdykeuk said...

Plot point - sorry!