Saturday, April 04, 2009

Cakes and Wail


Julie narrowed her eyes at the demon. Fifteen years she’d been with him and she still hadn’t trained him out of stealing the baked goods. “Those are for Lucy’s birthday,” she said, eyeing the remaining three butterfly cakes. “Or they were, anyway.”

“You can make a second batch, can’t you?” said Jasfoup. He nudged her with his elbow. “You know you want to.”

“What I want to do,” she said slowly, extracting the steel ladle from the pot next to the hob, “is brain you with this.”

Jasfoup nodded. “Anger is good,” he said. “I can work with any of the big seven, though lust is my favourite.”

“I thought that was gluttony?”

The demon winked and backed away, one hand reaching for the remaining cakes.

4 comments:

aims said...

I think my tummy gurgled at that pic. I remember those little butterfly cakes. My mother used to make them with lemon pie filling I think. Back then I didn't know they were making me sick so I ate them and loved them!

Hmmmmmm....


Bad Jasfoup - no biscuit!

Leatherdykeuk said...

No biscuit - just cake.

BT said...

Oooh, they look lovely. I used to make them at school! then at home. Naughty Jasfoup. He'll get spots.

Leatherdykeuk said...

I used to like those!