Thursday, April 09, 2009

Sour Grapes


Harold filled a crispy potato skin with sour cream and added a sliced gherkin on the top. “Almost perfect,” he said. “It just needed a dash of something to counteract the sour pickle.”

“How about grated chocolate,” said Jasfoup, offering him the bowl he’d ‘borrowed’ from the dessert table. A glance in that direction showed a child pointing at him and an irate parent heading purposefully over. “Harold,” he hissed. “Time to go.”

“But I’ve only just found the perfect aperitif.” Harold held out the snack he’d constructed. In addition to the chocolate, he’d encountered the trifle.

Jasfoup glanced back again. The man was almost upon them. He grabbed Harold’s arm. “If you don’t move right now,” he said, “you’re going to need a pair of teeth, too.”

7 comments:

aims said...

You just don't mess with the dessert - never! People will kill for chocolate!

BT said...

ha ha, very good. I understand perfectly. Give me chocolate any day.

Leatherdykeuk said...

Thank you ladies!

Spiky Zora Jones said...

hehehe. I like it. I love reading you.

I lean towards ouzo as a perfect aperitif. Perhaps do to the Greek in me.

ciao sweetie.

Leatherdykeuk said...

I have absolutely no tolerence for alcohol, but will take an absinthe if pressed.

stephanie said...

Delightful! Jasfoup is cruel. I do hope Harold took his snack along.

Leatherdykeuk said...

but J is protecting him from the wrath of children