Tuesday, May 05, 2009

One Piece to Share


The two gremlins were cold, tired and bored with the whole routine. Why can’t we go home?” said One.

Feriel snorted and put down his accordion. “We’re here to collect donations for the Waterman Children’s Hospice,” he said. “We will stay for as long as we attract donations.”

“When will that be, though? It’s as dead as a Wolverhampton Library tonight.”

“The seven-fifteen from Oxford is due shortly,” he said. “There will be seven people alighting, three of which will throw between seven pence and five pounds into my cup, three will pass by without acknowledgement, and one will drop in a piece of used chewing gum.”

Two wrinkled his snout. “That’s disgusting,” he said. “What skinflint puts seven pence in a cup?”

5 comments:

aims said...

Eurghhhh - and the pic to go with it is simply disgusting.

Makes me think twice about the fact that I chew gum all the time.

Leatherdykeuk said...

Do you save yours?

Spiky Zora Jones said...

Ha...I love gremlins. Well done sweets. I giggled...realizing later what that glass bowl contained and the remark made by the two. HA!

Ciao honey.

Leatherdykeuk said...

Thanks Zora. Glad you stooped by. I hope the holiday went well.

aims said...

Uh....no.

And I quit swallowing it after I read a story about a bubblegum tree.