Thursday, May 07, 2009

Smothered


Sophia clicked her fingers.

Shadows flickered in the corners despite the bright lights. They coalesced ainto a pillar of darkness which flickered through several forms, Harold, Frederick, Lucy, and a Labrador-sized dog.

Jasfoup laughed. “A shadow creature?” he said. “Lucy is up there fighting for her life against a demon-raised immortal and a host of goblins, and you offer me a shadow? What will it do? Smother them to death?”

“There is no need to be rude, Mr. Jasfoup.” Sophia looked down her nose at the demon, despite his being significantly taller. “I’m lending you a detachment of Fae troops to deal with the goblins. I offer you the shadow as a gesture of good will.”

Jasfoup looked down. The shadow wagged its tail.

6 comments:

aims said...

Made me laugh again!

Leatherdykeuk said...

Good to hear :)

Spiky Zora Jones said...

I love your wit.

Hehehe...the shadow wagged it's tail.

Clever girl.

Ciao honey.

Leatherdykeuk said...

Thanks Zora :)

stephanie said...

Sophia should not be trifled with, although I suppose J gets a pass every now and again. Nicely done. ;)

Leatherdykeuk said...

Jasfoup butled for her for years.