Monday, June 15, 2009

Bought Silence


Another night of Lucy’s teething had sent Harold half insane from lack of sleep.

“Half?” said Jasfoup. “You were half way there before the sleep deprivation, Ada knows where you are now.”

“Dusseldorf,” said Harold. “That’s what it feels like. I need a good night’s sleep.”

“You can borrow my place,” said the demon, “but Lucy’s crying is nothing to the screaming of the damned.”

“I’ll give it a miss, thanks.” Harold frowned. “Where are the imps?”

“Downstairs in the scriptorium,” said Jasfoup. “Why?”

“Give them the night off.”

“You can’t do that. You can’t treat imps kindly. You’ll start a revolution.”

“Twenty quid?”

“Consider the shop empty.”

Harold phoned home from his camp bed. “Honey? I’m working late.”

5 comments:

aims said...

Perhaps a bigger wallop of gin for the teething and a bed-time story for Harold. Wuss.

martha said...

I used to rub Jack Daniels on the cranky sprogs gums - helped some.

I think Harold has the right idea. A good night's sleep will make it easier to cope.

Leatherdykeuk said...

Indeed he does. I'm sure tomorrow he'll do the same for Gillian and Julie

stephanie said...

*chuckles* He better circle round with the favour, or I suspect he'll do more with the imps than give them the night off. ;)

Leatherdykeuk said...

*laughs*