Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Cancelled Due To Lack Of Interest

“That’s disappointing,” said Harold as he read the morning edition of the Laverstone Times. “They’ve cancelled the ‘Exhibition of Interesting Things’ at the museum. I was quite looking forward to that.”

“Does Laverstone have any interesting things?” asked Julie. “I always thought it was a bit of a dump myself.”

“Of course it does,” said Harold. “I myself donated a collection of Bronze Age tools and implements, and there is the a wealth of history relating to the stones and the Barrows.”

“Fascinating,” she replied, her tone carefully neutral. “Why was it cancelled?”

Harold sighed. “A lack of interest, apparently.”



Image: Of Cigarettes, High Heels, and Other Interesting Things: An Introduction to Semiotics (Semaphores and Signs) by Marcel Danesi

4 comments:

stephanie said...

People have no sense of history any more. What a shame. :)

I hope Harold gets his tools and "implements" back.

Leatherdykeuk said...

Yes. He is a bit nerdy, isn't he?

aims said...

You'd almost expect Harold to be wearing a bowtie some days.....

Leatherdykeuk said...

He definitely should!