Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Lord of the Bells

"Are you sure this is traditional for the Lord of the Manor?" Harold asked, studying himself in the full-length bedroom mirror. "I don't remember Uncle Frederick doing this."

"Hardly surprising," said Jasfoup. "It's only once every ten years and you were away at college for two of them."

"I suppose." Harold studied his regalia once more, one of the bells jingling forlornly as he tilted his head. "Wait a minute, though. Ten years ago i was running the Emporium. I should have seen the parade that year."

"So you did," said the demon. "But that was the night you discovered absinthe. I'm almost surprised you can remember the year at all."

"I don't remember that." Harold jingled his way to the door. "Come on then. Let's not keep the town waiting for their fairy queen



Image: Watching the English: The Hidden Rules of English Behaviour

6 comments:

martha said...

Oh, Jasfoup! Poor Harold - the things you do to him.......

Leatherdykeuk said...

I wouldn't do it if it wasn't so funny...

stephanie said...

*laughs* Just wait until Lucy gets in on the gig. Teenagers can be merciless.

Excellent.

Leatherdykeuk said...

I feel sorry for him already!

aims said...

What a dupe! *laughing*

Leatherdykeuk said...

:)