Thursday, July 16, 2009

State of the Art


Jasfoup didn’t care how much the remote camera software was a trusted client of Google Prime*, it wasn’t a trusted client of his, despite his precautions about setting up a magical field over the top of the wifi system installed at the manor; he didn’t trust them to do the job of a physical presence. That was where Barghela came in. Gargoyles needed little in the way of love and attention but they made fantastic alarm systems if you didn’t mind their limitations.

“Wotcha,” said the gargoyle as it flew unsteadily into the shop via the kitchen window. “I have to report an intruder in the west attic.”

Jasfoup frowned. “When was this?”

“Yesterday,” Barghela said. “I was asleep. Sorry.”

"What happened to my remote camera?"

Barghela shrugged. "Sorry," he said, "I was hungry after my nap."





*Never trust a computer operating system that sounds like a Decepticon toy.

Image: Holy Terrors: Gargoyles on Medieval Buildings


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

stephanie said...

I can not help it. I already have a soft spot for Barghela.

Leatherdykeuk said...

I don't know what to make of him, nor where he came from.

aims said...

Ah......I'm seeing TerryP - absolutely love it!

Leatherdykeuk said...

Ah!
I try to avoid sounding like him!