Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Beware of Cake

Harold looked inside the teapot mournfully "There's just the dregs left," he said. "Shall we order another pot?"

"If you like." Jasfoup looked over the menu. "There's a variety of cakes listed here."

"Oh?" Harold signalled the waitress. "What kind?"

"It just says 'a variety', I'm afraid."

"Oh." Harold looked up as the waitress arrived. "Another pot of Darjeeling for two please, and what cakes do you have available?"

"Have you seen the board?"

"Alas, no," Harold said. "Could you not just tell me?"

"What sort do you want?"

"Coffee ad walnut?"

"Someone drank all the coffee."

"Fruit cake?"

"It's not Christmas."

"Cherry?"

"Someone popped it."

"Eccles?"

"We ran out of eccs"

Harold sighed. "We'll have whatever cake you've got."

Jasfoup was dissatisfied with the order when it arrived. "I loathe Pontefract cake," he said.


Image: Cake Chic

7 comments:

stephanie said...

*chuckles* I love cake, but not my favourite either.

Leatherdykeuk said...

Indeed not!
Pontefract cake is a small slab of liquorice and an offence against cakedom

martha said...

Never having had the pleasure, I'll take your word for it.

Leatherdykeuk said...

Ah! You've never had the 'Would you like a piece of cake' prank!

aims said...

Me neither! But then being a celiac I can't eat just any old cake. Thank goodness!

You know - I'm always expecting Jasfoup to perform some kind of magic. I don't know why ----

Am I odd?

Leatherdykeuk said...

Jasfoup can perform magic but would rather people humiliate themselves first.

aims said...

*laughing*

Ahhhh!