Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Dental Appt: Two-thirty

Every town has one, that building of refulgent splendour and aroma of mentholated spirits and antiseptic;* the scene of horrors and the nightmares of adults and children alike. The dental surgery on Applegate is open by appointment only and has a 30/70 ratio of private and NHS patients. Dr David Pullem** FRCDS shares his caseload with the junior dental surgeon, Dr. Punjit Rehani, FRCDS, FRCVS who works after hours for those clients who can't attend the surgery during the day.

Dr. Rehani also maintains a separate client list Dr. Pullem knows nothing about. These are all private clients, since their NHS records are generally marked 'DECEASED'.


*as opposed to antisceptic, the aroma of most churches
**I kid you not


Image: Language Habits in Human Affairs

4 comments:

donnickcottage said...

I think I'll be going elsewhere for my toothache if you please.

Leatherdykeuk said...

*chuckles*
I don't blame you!

aims said...

Hmmm - I love going to the dentist! But now......

Leatherdykeuk said...

He's very good, so long as you don't ask for dentures.