Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Rumours


The local kids were cautious near Old Mrs. Boston's house. "She's off her rocker," said Johnny Cramer. "They say she broke a boy's arm once for being cheeky to her."

"Well I heard the police found skelingtons in her back garden," said Petey Braitwaite. "Only they couldn't send her to prison because she's mental."

"I heard she was a teacher once." Philip Cross hunkered down, pulling the other two down with him out of sight of the blank stare of the windows. "I heard she set fire to the school and burned all the kids to death."

The three of them looked at the house and shuddered. Philip felt the reassuring smooth weight of a stone in his hand.

7 comments:

Olga/Maddie said...

Is it just me or is the pinky finger looking a bit odd in that photo of the 'justice hand'?

Hugs, lovies, and stuffs for you all. *HG*

God bless and take care. Bye, :)!
Olga/Maddie

Leatherdykeuk said...

I think a bit has broken off!

Olga/Maddie said...

That's what I was thinking.

And thanks for confirming that.

Hugs, lovies, and stuffs for you all. *HG*

God bless and take care. Bye, :)!
Olga/Maddie

stephanie said...

I love how rumours surround the elderly - particularly women. I can't wait to see what these boys get. ;)

Leatherdykeuk said...

This may end up as part of Meinwen's past

aims said...

Reminds me of the 'witch woman' we believed lived on our street. We always ran past her house and were afraid to look at her blank windows. Kids....

Leatherdykeuk said...

Every town has a house like that!