Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Slip in Naming

"But the Playhouse in Edinburgh has paid a generous stipend for the whole company to perform the Scottish play."

"Nevertheless, I vowed never to return to the Highlands again for fear I shall catch my death," said Shakespeare.

"Of cold?" Ingres looked down at the map in his hands. "But Edinburgh isn't even in the highlands. It's not as if we're going to the God-forsaken wastes of--" he peered more closely at the map "__Inverness."

"It's nothing to do with the cold," said Shakespeare. "I once dallied with a crofter's daughter. There'll be half a dozen little Marlowes roaming about that might recognise me."

4 comments:

stephanie said...

*laughs* That could be awkward, indeed!

Leatherdykeuk said...

Exactly!

aims said...

'trying to imagine what the resemblance might be'........

Leatherdykeuk said...

The intellect, of course!