Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Belated Greetings

Harold scowled. "I've had enough," he said. "Julie's been acting oddly round me for days. I'm going to find her and clear the air."

"Good for you Harold." Jasfoup was watering the indoor herbs. "Go and apologise. It's the right thing to do."

"I will." Harold paused. "Wait! Apologise? Apologise for what?"

"Whatever you've done, Harold. Whatever you've said. What you might do. What you can't remember doing. What somebody else did and if all fails, for existing."

"Perhaps she should apologise to me."

"I doubt it, old chap. She remembered your birthday."

5 comments:

aims said...

Oh oh!

Reminds me of a certain 'date' of yesterday.

stephanie said...

*laughs* There really is no excuse (even being the hero). Love Jasfoup's reminder.

Leatherdykeuk said...

Aims - Oh? Did I miss one?

Steph -- Thank you, as ever.

Leatherdykeuk said...

Aims - Oh? Did I miss one?

Steph -- Thank you, as ever.

aims said...

No Rachel - I 'missed' one. Didn't realize the date and The Man came home with a bag of prezzies and a card and a big smile - only to have it all dissolve when I said 'what are these for?'

'You don't know what day it is?'

No! I was too busy painting and dealing with my own health to notice - why - what day is it?

Only the 5th anniversary.....

Isn't that wood?