Monday, November 23, 2009

The Explorer Returns

"You're back!" Jasfoup smiled in delight as Harold walked through the door. "Are all the strange worlds and new frontiers conquered for another day?"

"I am," said Harold, "though it was a near thing. I was almost eaten by a hag. She tried to gut me and smoke my bones over a barbeque pit."

"I'm glad," said Jasfoup. "It would snerrate me so, to hear of you being dismembered in some far off land."

"Snerrate?" Harold frowned. "Is that good or bad."

"Oh, bad, definitely." Jasfoup picked up Harold's new hat and tried it on. "It has the roots 'serrate' -- to cut up – and 'sneer' – a facial expression implying contempt. I'd be dismissively cut-up about your demise."

"That's encouraging to know." Harold patted his shoulder. "Thanks."

"You're welcome," said Jasfoup. "I'm so pleased you're back to look after the baby."



Thanks to spacedlaw for the word 'snerrate'

6 comments:

aims said...

Of course Jasfoup would need Harold the Fearless to change a nappie.

Leatherdykeuk said...

To be fair, so would I! ;)

martha said...

Poor Jasfoup. His heart, assuming he has one, is in the right place, but he'll never make it as a babysitter.

Leatherdykeuk said...

It is in the right place! He has several, in formaldehyde, in the cupboard.

DJ Kirkby said...

Love the word 'snerrate'. I think I've felt like that a few times.

Leatherdykeuk said...

heh! I rather like it too!