Saturday, November 28, 2009

Harold's Nemesis

"Yes please," said Harold to Jasfoup's offer of tea as he slit open the envelope and unfolded a letter stamped with the official seal of the Laverstone Chamber of Commerce. "I say! The rotten beggars!"

"Problem?" Jasfoup put a mug of steaming Breakfast Blend in front of his client.

"I'll say. It's from that darned Barry Sanderson at the C of C. He says that due to the upmarket nature of my business, he's putting our commercial property rates up to the top tier, retroactive to the day we opened the shop three years ago. That's hardly fair! It means we'll be paying the same rates at the big name shops in the precinct."

"I see." Jasfoup read through the missive. "Perhaps a strongly worded letter might be in order?"

"More than that." Harold logged onto his computer. "A little industrial level hacking is required."

"Oh? I didn't know you were that talented."

"It's not difficult, old bean," said Harold. "I just have to open a chat window with Backdoor Harry."

5 comments:

martha said...

AHhhh How the nature of crime hath chang├ęd

Leatherdykeuk said...

when there's money involved...

stephanie said...

A new enemy and the return of Backdoor Harry. Excellent!

aims said...

Yep yep and yep.

You three have covered it all even before I arrive.

I'll just say - 'here here! Well done old chaps.'

Leatherdykeuk said...

*chuckles*
Thank you kindly